Our Avocado Chicken Salad may not be a looker, but it’s delicious and insanely healthy. Avocado Chicken Salad or Green Chicken Salad, by either name it’s yummy. Gluten free, keto friendly, and also packed with protein and healthy fat. This salad is easy to adjust to any lifestyle or diet you follow, here are a few variations:
KETO: If you are following a Keto diet omit the grapes and add walnuts for a nice bit of crunch. Choose a paleo mayonnaise. I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo in this recipe and it was great but it is salty, so don’t add any extra salt.
PALEO: For those following a paleo or primal diet this recipe is perfect as is. Choose a paleo approved mayo or use your own if you have it. If you don’t eat grapes try apples, they add just the right sweet crunch. If you are reducing your fruit intake add walnuts instead.
LOW CARB: While this recipe is already low in carbs, you could reduce the carb count to under 5 carbs by removing the fruit and using chopped celery instead. Another option is to reduce the grapes to 1/4 cup chopped and bulk the recipe with celery and walnuts or pecans.
- 2 chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cup mayo (I use a paleo mayo)
- ½ cup grapes, chopped (or chopped apples)
- ⅛ tsp each; salt, pepper (paleo mayo can be salty, adjust accordingly)
- Shred chicken. In mixing bowl combine chicken, mayo, avocado, salt, and pepper. Blend well, I like to get in and use my hands, it is therapeutic and quite effective. Add fruit and combine.