No Bake Peanut Butter Squares are super easy to make, packed with healthy fats, and low in added sugar.
Chocolate + Peanut Butter = LOVE
I am a sucker for old school, convenience store candy. There I said it. My favorite two candies are Reese Cups and Reese Pieces. For my 80’s friends, remember when Elliott used Reese Pieces to lure E.T to his home? I think I could be tricked by the combo of chocolate and peanut butter just as easily;).
After losing 70 pounds, I only enjoy junk food only on very special occasions (like a pity party), but I still eat chocolate and nut butter all-the-time! I’ve hacked my old habits and created healthier alternatives. These No Bake Peanut Butter Squares will delight your taste buds and tick off all your “I wish I could eat candy” buttons! I also married these lovebirds in my Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie Bowl and Peanut Butter Cup Keto Bombs.
Peanut Butter Squares For Breakfast
My son hates eggs. This made my obsession with feeding him protein for breakfast a real challenge until I started offering him Peanut Butter Squares. I mean, who doesn’t want a peanut butter chocolate square for breakfast!?! With just 10 grams of sugar, 9 grams of protein, and 28 grams of healthy nut fat, this is a deceptively healthy breakfast for kiddos (and grown-ups!).
Pulse 2 Cups Mixed Nuts
Use any combination of nuts you like! Today I had walnuts, almonds, and pistachios.
Throw any combo of nuts into a food processor or blender and mix until crumbed.
Add Pretzels and Honey
I like to add 1 cup gluten-free pretzel sticks, or crackers (like Ritz). Pretzels give the peanut butter mixture a denser consistency and keep them from melting in your hand quite as fast. When I aim for uber- healthy I leave them off and they taste just fine (but melt quickly). Honey is totally optional, it adds a bit of sweetness to the nut layer. If you don’t eat honey you could sub maple syrup or a bit of Stevia.
Mix 2/3 cup peanut butter with 1 cup chocolate chips and melt. I use Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips, but you can use any chocolate (square, bar, bits) you like.
Freeze For 2-3 Hours
Place peanut butter squares in the freezer for 2-3 hours until frozen. Remove from freezer and cut into 16 squares. I wrap squares in parchment paper individually and store in air tight container in the freezer.
- 1 2/3 cups peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzels (I use gluten free)
- 1/2 stick (4 TBSP) butter
- 1 -2 TBSP honey (optional, adds a bit of sweetness)
- Chocolate Topping:
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or other creamy nut butter)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I use dairy free chips), or dark chocolate
- 1 TBSP Cacao Powder (optional, adds a darker chocolate flavor)
- Place 2 cups mixed nuts in food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Add in 1 cup peanut butter, melted butter, and pretzels.
- Blend until well incorporated.
- Line baking dish with parchment paper
- Transfer nut mixture to baking dish
- Scrape down sides to form a clean shape (this prevents sticking to the walls and makes cutting easier).
- Place in freezer while you prepare chocolate topping.
- Melt 2/3 cup peanut butter, 2/3 cups chocolate chips, and 1 T Cacao Powder in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir, melt for 30 more seconds.
- Pour chocolate topping evenly over nut mixture.
- Place in freezer for 3+ hours to chill and set.
- After 3 hours remove from freezer and cut.
- Return cut pieces to the freezer or eat immediately.
Pin This Recipe: