My two favorite food couple is chocolate and peanut butter. Put em in candy, granola, a smoothie, heck I might eat them with Brussels Sprouts (ok, that went too far!). Last week my Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl was such a hit I decided to give the Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl some blog love.
Why I love this Peanut Butter & Chocolate Smoothie Bowl:
- All natural
- High in potassium
- Good source of fiber
- Fast and easy, ready in minutes
- Tastes like you’re having dessert for breakfast!
- Versatile: top any way you like, add protein powder or greek yogurt
Whip Up Your Smoothie Bowl In Minutes
All you need it 1 frozen banana, peanut (or any nut) butter, and cocoa powder. Optionally, you can add vanilla extract, maple syrup, honey, or stevia. This Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie Bowl is ready in minutes!
Place 1 frozen banana (use 2 if you’re super hungry or feeding a teenager;) and 1 TBS cacao powder.
Add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. For my java loving friends, coffee extract would be delish.
Melt 3 TBS peanut butter (or other nut butter) in the microwave for 20 seconds and add to blender/mixer.
Next. blend until well incorporated. You may need to scrape sides several times.
Add coconut or non-diary milk. You’ll add up to 1/3 cup; add slowly until you reach desired consistency.
Top with your favorites nuts, seeds, chocolate, coconut, and anything else your heart desires! It’s so good the banana is smiling;)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tbs cacao powder (increase to 2 tbs for a darker chocolate flavor)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut milk, non-dairy milk, or milk
- Toppings (optional): shredded coconut, sliced bananas, nuts, chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- Mix or blend all ingredients except milk in blender or food processor.
- Stop every 30 seconds to scrape down sides.
- When fully incorporated, add milk. Add milk slowly, as you may not need it all.
- Next, dress with the desired topping.
Other Banana Recipes: