Slow Cooker Potatoes are effortless, cook while you are at work, and add no heat to your kitchen. Tender-crisp, herby, with just the right amount of EVOO.
Tender, Simple, Delicious
- Throw baby potatoes in your slow cooker, add oil and herbs, and walk away!
- Perfect side for a weeknight dinner with virtually no effort.
- Everyone loves potatoes! Make these for your next big gathering and save your stovetop space for other things.
- No need to fire up the oven and heat up the kitchen.
- Versatile – eat naked or top it up! Add sour cream, cheese, chives, bacon, whatever you love. Make a potato bar and everyone can have it just the way they like:)
Simple Is Best
With school starting back this could not be truer! My goal this year is to cook at home MORE and stress LESS. That makes slow cooker meals a no brainer. These slow cooker potatoes are super easy, take just minutes to prep, and can cook while you’re doing something exciting (okay, maybe work isn’t exciting, but ya gotta do it).
I struggle with severe gut issues and, like it or not, cooking and eating at home is key to my recovery. I am committing to cooking a majority of my meals using real, whole food, and taking the time to be “with” my food. Food was meant to be prepared and enjoyed, not grabbed and scarfed down. I’m not on a soapbox, this is me internally coaching myself, as a serial eater-outer this isn’t easy but it’s worth it!
Tender and Perfectly Seasoned
Less Is More With Slow Cooker Potatoes
Today I used baby Dutch potatoes. I like their size and buttery flavor. You can use any small red, white, or purple potato. These were small so I did not cut them. If you’re using larger potatoes I’d suggest halving or quartering them, the larger the potato the longer the cook time, adjust accordingly. You can season them with your favorite herbs, I love oregano, parsley, rosemary, dill, salt, and pepper.
Slow cooker potatoes, seasoned with a few herbs and drizzled with olive oil are perfect just as they are. They can be topped with sour cream, cheese, chives, bacon, heck almost anything is good on a potato! BUT… they are insanely good undressed.
- 1.5 - 2 lbs small (baby) potatoes - I used baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (I used 2 tsp because I LOVE rosemary)
- Rinse potatoes
- For larger potatoes cut in half or quarter, your goal is that they are all similarly sized for even cooking
- Lightly spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Add all ingredients and stir to evenly coat all potatoes
- Cook on cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, until tender
If you love this, you’ll adore these too:)