I love Stitch Fix! I’ve tried other clothing subscriptions in the past and for me, Stitch Fix gets my style the best. I’ve been using Stitch Fix for six months and each Fix is better than the last. Initially, I was a bit vague about what I needed and wanted which didn’t give my Stylist much feedback. After reading reviews online and talking with my friends who use Stitch Fix I realized I needed to communicate my needs in more detail, here’s what I did.
3 Ways To Get Your Best Stitch Fix Ever
- Create a Pinterest Board – Create a Pinterest board and pin styles you dig. Your Stylist can then visit your board and see what you’re crushing on. Next, log into your Stitch Fix account and enter the URL to your Stitch Fix board.
- Review Items – You have 3 days to try on everything in your Fix and decide what’s a keeper and what’s getting returned to sender. Upon checkout, you will be asked to evaluate each item and give your honest assessment. The more specific you are about what you like or dislike the better your next Fix will be. I appreciate that my Stylist read my reviews. Some example of feedback I gave:
- This shirt was too snug around my hips. I need tops with more room in the hip area.
- These shorts are way too short. I’m not 20 anymore (sadly), so please send shorts that won’t scare my neighbors.
- This shirt is awesome! I’d love more with this same cut. I have larger hips and this shirt fits my curves just right.
- Send Notes – You’ll also be asked to send a note to your Stylist. I highly recommend you send her SPECIFIC details and what you want and need, and be brutally honest about things you’d like her to avoid. For example:
- I have a wedding to attend next month. I’d like a dress that is appropriate for an outdoor beach wedding. I live in Florida, so short sleeve or sleeveless is a must.
- I’d like a pair of boyfriend jeans that have a generous cut in the hip/thigh area. Not too many tears or holes, the shredded look is not my style.
Here is my most recent note to my Stylist:
April 2017 Stitch Fix Review
Carol Tulip Sleeve Blouse by Pixley – $48
Love so much! I asked for a work shirt that was fun and had some spunk and my Stylist delivered! The top is longer in the back which I love because it covers by bum without looking like a dress. I am a big fan of polka dots and this feels like a modern version of that print. VERDICT: KEEP!
Crochet Blue Blouse by Daniel Rainn – $64
This is my color! I can wear this to work or out to dinner. It pairs perfectly with black dress pants or with jeans. I wish I could have shown you the back, there are beautiful delicate buttons down the back that are sweet and add the level of detail I appreciate. In full disclosure, I lost the invoice and I am guessing at the name of this blouse, but it is blue and has crochet, so I am going with “close enough”. VERDICT: KEEP
Bowie 3/4 Sleeve Dolman Knit Top by Laila Jayde – $58
This shirt came in April; in Florida that’s just one month away from sweltering heat, making a 3/4 length lightweight sweater unwearable. But, I tried it on anyway and it fit so well I decided to keep it and save for the fall. It is hard for me to find anything that hugs the hip area and is still flattering, so when I find that mythical item I hold on for dear life. I’ve yet to wear this sweater, but I am looking forward to it come October! VERDICT: KEEP
1. Get Started. Begin by filling out the Style Profile. This helps us understand your size, style, shape, budget, and lifestyle. Completing your Profile should only take about 10-15 minutes.
2. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment. Select a delivery date from the calendar. At the time your Stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.
3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home. We encourage you to try on everything our Stylists have picked for you because you never know what will look great on. Create new outfits by pairing what’s in your shipment with items that are already in your closet.
4. Buy what you like and return the rest
- Take three days to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back. You will only be charged for items you choose to keep when you check out.
- Next, Check out by logging into your account to pay for the items you want to keep. Your $20 styling fee is applied as credit toward any items you purchase. If you buy all five items, we’ll give you 25% off the entire purchase!
- Simply return the items you don’t want in our prepaid mailer and drop it into any USPS mailbox. Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping both ways as a benefit of using our service.
5. Share your thoughts. Give specific feedback on each item you receive. StitchFix is able to send you better selections when they know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. Their women’s blog and men’s blog offer tips on the best ways to communicate with your Stylist.