I live in a small town and I love fashion, now you see the problem! We have ONE, yup I said O-N-E, department store. I am not complaining because we also have the World’s Most Beautiful Beaches and I’ll take sugar white sands over another big box store every day of the week! To keep my duds up to date I’ve started using a subscription clothing service called Stitch Fix. My personal stylist sends me a sparkling, perfectly wrapped, box of goodness each month and I’m always waiting for that delivery like a six-year-old on Christmas morning! I keep what I love and I send back the rest (shipping is free!).
Stitch Fix Box Reveal and Review
In my May Fix I received 5 items, sadly I only photographed 3. I will be better next time about snapping pics of each item! My selfie skills leave a bit to be desired but since receiving this post I have a new setup that produces MUCH better fashion selfies– I promise!
Kolten Cropped Demin Jacket by Liverpool
For the LOVE! This jacket is everything. It fits like a glove, hits me at just the right spot on my waist, and has the perfect amount of stretch! At $89 it was at the top of my price range, but the feel and fit were worth the price. This is a piece I will still be wearing in 5 years. VERDICT: KEEP.
Avalynne Button Down Silk Dress by Tolani
Last month I received a skin tight, super short dress- not ideal for a gal with a fair amount of junk in the trunk and a mangled up knee, nobody wants to see that! I wrote my stylist and requested a maxi dress or similar and she delivered. I love this dress and it fit perfectly. I decided to send it back because it was $198, a bit too much given that I have no special occasion or event to justify this cost. VERDICT: RETURN (with a tear in my eye).
Ellie Printed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse by 41Hawthorn
Love, Love, Love! I’m swooning over the color, fit, print, basically everything. I have a size 8 waist, 10 hips and 12 thighs (makes shopping such a joy). This shirt is the ideal cut for my body type and I was thrilled that my stylist sent this top. I specifically asked for bright colors and explained my, shall we say ample, thigh challenge. VERDICT: KEEP.
1. Get Started. Begin by filling out the Style Profile. This helps us understand your size, style, shape, budget, and lifestyle. Completing your Profile should only take about 10-15 minutes.
2. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment. Select a delivery date from the calendar. At the time your Stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.
3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home. We encourage you to try on everything our Stylists have picked for you because you never know what will look great on. Create new outfits by pairing what’s in your shipment with items that are already in your closet.
4. Buy what you like and return the rest
- Take three days to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back. You’re only charged for items you choose to keep when you check out.
- Check out by logging into your account to pay for the items you want to keep. The $20 styling fee will be applied as credit toward any items you purchase. If you buy all five items, we’ll give you 25% off the entire purchase!
- Simply return the items you don’t want in our prepaid mailer and drop it into any USPS mailbox. Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping both ways as a benefit of using our service.
5. Share your thoughts. Give specific feedback on each item you receive. StitchFix is able to send you better selections when they know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. Their women’s blog and men’s blog offer tips on the best ways to communicate with your Stylist.