Strawberry Sorbet is the perfect ice cream imposter. This is a dairy free dessert and can be sweetened with honey or stevia! I used sugar-free almond milk but any “milk” would work just fine. My husband had a bowl (super big bowl, btw) and he said the frozen lime wedge was the best part, which has me thinking of new recipe ideas. For those counting calories, eating whole food, or otherwise watching what you eat, this is the PERFECT healthy “ice cream” treat.
Variations – Whenever possible I’ll show you how to adjust recipes to best match your diet.
- Sweeten It Up – Depending on the strawberries you use, this recipe may need a bit more or less sweetener than listed below. Test a spoonful before adding any sweetener. While creating this Strawberry Sorbet we tried maple syrup, honey, and stevia and all worked great. I typically don’t love stevia, but in this recipe, it worked well.
- Dairy Options – Our Strawberry Sorbet can be made with milk, nut milk, or water. I prefer the flavor of nut milk over water. If you are dairy free, this recipe is a wonderful way to get your ice cream vibe on. I’ve only tested it with almond milk, but I suspect other kinds of milk would work too. The key to keeping it healthy is choosing using no-sugar-added nut milk. I am a big fan of nutpods.
- Citrus Allergy – No problem, just leave it out! Fresh mint is just as delicious. Throw 1/4 cup loosely packed mint into the blender, because who doesn’t love a combo of strawberry and mint.
- 4 Cups (or one 16 oz bag) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- Pinch salt
- 1 TBSP Lemon or Lime Juice
- Sweetener – 2-3 TBSP honey or 1 TBSP honey and 1 TBSP Stevie, or just Stevia (about 2 tsp).
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Place in large freezer bag and freeze for 30 minutes. Snip the end off bag and pipe into a serving dish (can skip this step and place Whip in a freezer safe container and scoop when ready).
- The lime added a tropical feel. This would be good with half strawberries and half pineapples. Also, staying with the dairy-free theme, top this will Coconut Whipped Cream (sold in the freezer section with Cool Whip).
I went over to Amazon and found two food processors rated over 4.5 stars! These are perfect for making this whip recipe and so much more!
*These are affiliate links. This means I may get a small commission when you purchase one of the suggested items. This helps support my blogging. Thanks!